A civil marriage ceremony allows you complete freedom of choice to create a wedding ceremony that reflects your feelings, beliefs and personality. It is your wedding ceremony, you are the focus of the day.
As a Civil Marriage Celebrant, I offer various wedding ceremonies from simple to formal. I can provide you with sample marriage ceremonies for you to select or modify to your own taste. The most important thing is to feel relaxed and confident in me carrying out your wishes.
The content of the wedding service is up to you, every ceremony is unique. Family and friends are welcome to participate in the marriage ceremony. You can include any poems, readings, music, or cultural symbols if you wish.
“As a member of the Federation of Civil Celebrants, I am committed to providing a fully professional service to make your wedding a special occasion.”
I can also help advise you on other aspects of your wedding day, assisting you in choosing the best in wedding venues, cakes, flowers, photography etc…..
What does a Civil Marriage Celebrant do?
I will handle your legal paperwork, assist you with writing and arranging a wedding ceremony to suit your own personal style and tastes and solemnize your marriage.
What are the Australian legal obligations?
- You must be over 18 years of age to legally marry.
- Prior to the day of the marriage ceremony, you will need to produce either your original birth certificate or passports
- You must provide me with one calendar months’ notice by completing the NOIM form, prior to your marriage.
- If either of you have previously been married you will have to produce your Divorce Decree Absolute papers and/or if either of your spouses are deceased, you must produce the Death Certificate
- If applicable, you must also produce Australian Citizenship papers
- On the day of your marriage you must have two witnesses over the age of eighteen
What are the first steps?
Contact me to make an appointment, no less than one calendar month prior to the day you wish to get married, to complete the “Notice of Intended Marriage” and to discuss your wedding ceremony requirements.
Please complete the form below, or call me on 0412 277 821 to discuss your special day
“Thanks again for helping make our day so special and amazing. We will recommend you to anyone needing a celebrant. You were amazing to work with”. Kaylee and Georgia